Tales of the Tudors
As you know, I am rather fond of the Tudor period of English history. Under the leadership of the Tudor dynasty, the first successful queen regnant led the country, although she was overshadowed by her popular, long-reigned sister. The Church was rocked by religious changes as the Church of England split from the Catholic church. The claim to France was lost forever, but the Tudors gained a New World to colonize. The place and purpose of marriage in society changed as one king worked his way through six wives and his daughter refused to marry at all. The arts flourished as the Renaissance came to England and the country's greatest playwright wrote some of his most popular plays. It was a time of excitement and change - and I love to read books set there!
I've got quite a few books about the Tudors that I'd like to give away, so here's what I'm going to do.
- The grand prize winner will get to choose three books for him/herself from a list of titles.
- For every twenty-five people who enter the giveaway, I will add another book to the selection pool.
- After the grand prize winner has chosen, I will continue to draw names. Each subsequent winner will choose the book of their choice, until all the remaining books have been taken.
I will start the drawing with five titles. That means there will be one grand prize winner and two secondary winners. But for every twenty-five people who enter the drawing, another title and another prize will be added. We could end up with quite a few lucky winners!
THE PRIZE LIST
Book titles are links to reviews, when available.
1. The Tudor Secret by C. W. Gortner
2. The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer by Lucy Weston
3. The Queen's Sorrow by Susannah Dunn
4. Rivals in the Tudor Court by D. L. Bogdan
5. Elizabeth by Tom McGregor
6. ...find out when we hit twenty-five entries!
There are a variety of ways to enter (if you've entered in my contests before, feel free to ignore this - nothing's changed):
1. Leave a comment in this entry, but make sure I have a way to contact you! (NOTE: IF LEAVING AN E-MAIL ADDRESS PLEASE USE ONE YOU CHECK FREQUENTLY. At least half of the addresses I've contacted re: winning previous contests have not sent a response!)
2. Go back to my old reviews and comment on them. Each comment (one per entry) will get you another entry in the drawing.
3. Comment on future reviews as they come out - I update Tuesday, Thursday and at least once on the weekends.
4. Mention this contest in your blog; leave a comment somewhere on fashion_piranha with a link so I know that you did.
5. Mention this contest on some other public place - a forum, your website, whatever! Again, just leave me a link so I know where you did.
6. Add a link to your blog roll / links page / whatever you call it to Fashionista Piranha!
7. Sign up for the Fashionista Piranha Book Blog mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to email@example.com
8. If you're on Livejournal, get another entry by friending fashion_piranha If you're already my friend, then you'll automatically get the entry when you comment here so don't worry about un-friending and then re-friending the journal. :-p
I'll be randomly picking winners on September 1st, 2011. I'll be able to ship the books world-wide, so there are no restrictions on who can enter!