First Contest - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm in the middle of reading Bottomfeeder: How to Eat Ethically in a World of Vanishing Seafood by Taras Grescoe and it is fascinating. A combination of travel writing and scientific research, Grescoe hunts down local seafood delicacies from around the world and traces the fish's journey from the ocean to the dinner table. In addition to mouth-watering descriptions of exotic dishes, Grescoe has written a condemning expose of the fishing industry and its destructive overfishing. It really makes you think twice about your favorite seafood dishes. (And it is such a good book. Usually science-anything makes my eyes fall out of my head and roll across the floor in order to escape tedious text, but I am completely absorbed in Bottomfeeder.) I will be reviewing this book in greater depth later, but just can't keep quiet about it.
To celebrate this book and this blog's one-month anniversary, I'm having my first contest. It'll be a drawing for a "Make Waves!" prize pack, which will contain:
- hardcover copy of Bottomfeeder: How to Eat Ethically in a World of Vanishing Seafood
- Charity Pot body lotion from Lush Cosmetics; the retail price of this lotion is donated to a variety of charities, including Ocean Conservancy, Clean Ocean Action, and Oceana!
- $25 donation to the charity of your choice!
Depending on the interest and number of entrants, more prize packs will be added in the future!
I'll be collecting entries until July 31st, 2008. There are a variety of ways to enter:
1. Leave a comment in this entry, make sure to leave a blog link or e-mail address so I have a way to contact you!
2. Go back to my old reviews and comment on them. Each comment (one per entry) will get you another entry in the drawing.
3. Comment on future reviews as they come out - I update Tuesday, Thursday and at least once on the weekends.
4. Mention this contest in your blog; leave a comment somewhere on
5. Add a link to your blog roll / links page / whatever you call it to Fashionista Piranha!
6. If you're on Livejournal, get another entry by friending fashion_piranha
That should be enough ways to skew the odds in your favor. :) Good luck everyone!