The Art World Giveaway
books about artists and art museums
I like to read books tied to the art world. It makes sense, right? I work at an art museum, I studied art history at university, and every once in a while I like to bust out the ol’ paintbox. Naturally books about artists or set in museum galleries are right up my alley.
But it’s time to share some of these books with another reader. I’m giving away a three-pack of novels that are all somehow tied to the art world:
A Nearly Perfect Copy by Allison Amend: an art authenticator working for an auction house gets caught up in a forgery scandal
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova: a psychiatrist tries to solve the mystery of why a famous artist slashed a painting hanging in the National Gallery in Washington DC
Interested? Here’s how you can enter a drawing to win the lot:
1. Leave a comment in this entry, but make sure I have a way to contact you! (If you leave an email address, please use one that you check regularly. If you're on LJ and don't leave an email, I'll just contact you through the LJ Messaging system.)
2. Go back to my old reviews and comment on them. Each comment (one per entry) will get you another entry in the drawings.
3. Comment on future reviews as they come out - I update Tuesday, Thursday and at least once on the weekends.
4. Mention this contest in your blog and leave a comment somewhere on fashion_piranha with a link so I know that you did.
5. Use that handy 'repost' button below to share this page on your livejournal - it takes less than a second and bam! You've got another entry.
6. Mention this contest on some other public place - Twitter, Facebook, a forum, your website, whatever! Again, just leave me a link so I know where you did.
7. Add a link to your blog roll / links page / whatever you call it to Fashionista Piranha!
8. If you're on Livejournal, get another entry by friending fashion_piranha If you're already my friend, then you'll automatically get the entry when you comment here so don't worry about un-friending and then re-friending the journal.
Thank you and good luck! Entries will be accepted until midnight on March 20th, 2014.