My ticket for Book Group Expo arrived today. I'm very excited!
Book Group Expo
When: October 25th-26th, 2008
Where: San Jose, California at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center
What & Why: (taken from the BGE webpage)
book group expo brings together serious readers and their passions—food, wine, conversation and everything else. Imagine! Two full days of book-related activities all in the comfortable and exciting company of other book lovers and authors. So, whether you call it a book group or a book club or a reading circle, if you treasure books and enjoy discussing them with others - book group expo is for you.
At book group expo you can:
- Participate in intimate Literary Salons featuring authors and moderators discussing their ideas and their work
- Enjoy free tastings of wine, tea, chocolate and other savory and sweet delights
- Have access to books . . . lots of books!
- Meet authors —book signings follow each Literary Salon
- Learn about book groups and reading groups
- Have fun. Serious fun.
- Brunonia Barry
- Margaret Cezair-Thompson* (review coming soon)
- C.W. Gortner
- Kathleen Kent - we're currently giving away copies of her book The Heretic's Daughter
Anyone else planning to go?